E Club runs annual competitions, giving members the opportunity to gain business experience and win great prizes.
Applications for the 2018 Pitching Competition have now closed.
The E Club organises pitching competitions whereby entrants supply their own original business ideas for consideration by a panel of expert judges. Finalists are given the opportunity to present their pitch and then have around five minutes to answer questions from the judges. These events are an excellent opportunity to develop entrepreneurial thinking and foster presentation skills.
Competition winners are announced at an award ceremony. In the past, winners have received prize money.
Past pitching competition winners have presented brilliant ideas and gone on to great things:
- James Turing - 'Turing Trust', providing quality technology and IT training to schools in sub-Saharan Africa
- Denny Schenk - 'Retromixer', an innovative adaptor for separate taps
- Eimear O'Carroll - 'Restored Hearing', a sound therapy for tinnitus
- Kanika Bansal - 'Intello Bed', a hospital bed specifically designed to transfer patients easily from one ward to another
- David Hunter - 'Caddie Charger', a device to let golfers charge their mobile phones from their caddy cars.
To be eligible to enter our competitions you must be a current undergraduate or postgraduate student, or have graduated from the University of Edinburgh in the last two years. You do not have to be a Business School student - students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.