E Club runs annual competitions, giving members the opportunity to gain business experience and win great prizes.
The Entrepreneurship Club organises an annual pitching competition whereby entrants supply their own original business ideas for consideration by a panel of expert judges.
Finalists are given the opportunity to present their pitch at the StartUp Festival.
Competition winners and prizes are announced at an awards ceremony.
Past pitching competition winners have presented brilliant ideas and gone on to great things:
- James Turing - 'Turing Trust', providing quality technology and IT training to schools in sub-Saharan Africa
- Denny Schenk - 'Retromixer', an innovative adaptor for separate taps
- Eimear O'Carroll - 'Restored Hearing', a sound therapy for tinnitus
- Kanika Bansal - 'Intello Bed', a hospital bed specifically designed to transfer patients easily from one ward to another
- David Hunter - 'Caddie Charger', a device to let golfers charge their mobile phones from their caddy cars.